Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mr. Independent

Two nights ago Little Guy moved up to the toddler bed. He had heaved himself over the crib rail twice the night before, so we thought it was about time. It has been rough.

First of all, he doesn't ever want to go to bed so since nothing is physically keeping him in there and he gets as he pleases. Secondly, he knows how to control all of the electronics in his room, so he can turn those on and off whenever. LG makes me weary. Night one went horribly and I ended up sleeping in his bed with him for a couple of hours. Keep in mind this is just his crib with the side taken off. Not exactly big enough for an adult and a toddler who likes to spread out. Night two went better, but there were many tears shed. With that in mind, I was not looking forward to naptime today. I stick LG in his bed, we read some books, then I left. The yelling started out as "Noooooooo, Mommy! Open door!" and then simply to "I cryin'!". Then nothing. Complete silence. I listened on the monitor as I began to hear sounds of playing. One and a half hours hours later I finally got him out of his room! He never took a nap. Ugh. At least he was happy the whole time, but that is definitely not a habit that I want to start.

Little Guy has also discovered how to open the freezer drawer. It started out as just bringing me popcicles to open for him. It has now evolved into him getting out ice for the dog to eat, and frozen broccoli and fishsticks for himself. Isn't that nasty? I'm annoyed that this is even a problem. I have decided that since he is so happy alone in his room for hours and since he likes his food frozen I can just throw a box of fish sticks in his room and go out for a few hours. Right? OK, maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. Little Guy is such a little sweetheart =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your site. I need to put son in the toddler bed soon too. Thank you so much for entering the Get Clean Giveaway on the Thick Decor Chick blog. I am sorry that you did not win. If you have any questions about my products please fell free to call me at 630-262-1007 or go to my website DonahueWellness.MyShaklee.com.

    ReplyDelete